- Do you use eco-friendly materials? If so, which ones?
68% of our collection is created from eco-friendly materials and by 2025 we hope to raise this to 90%.
When we refer to ‘eco-friendly materials’ we are referring to materials that have a minimal impact on the environment like: organic cotton, certified materials and recycled materials. For example, here are some of the materials that compose our our current collection:
- Organic Cotton
- Recycled Cotton
- Recycled Polyester
- RWS Certified Wool
- What are some concrete measures you have taken to make fashion less harmful to the environment?
The past few years have been marked by the growing global awareness of the need to protect our planet. This new consciousness has also infiltrated the fashion industry, and at KCST, we make it a priority.
- More than half of our products are certified by independent organizations (e.g. GOTS, Oeko-Tex, RWS or FSC).
- Our production from China is shipped by sea: it may take more time but we choose to use low carbon-emitting methods of transportation to minimize our impact.
- We ship all orders using a carbon neutral service with DHL or DPD, with all paperwork being added to each package with a recycled sleeve.
- What does carbon neutral shipping mean?
Carbon neutral shipping means that the carrier compensates the climate impact of the shipping. This means the carrier is investing in projects (e.g. wind energy or conversion of landfill gas into clean electricity) which are offsetting the emissions caused by the transport of the shipment.
- What is RePack?
RePack replaces disposable packaging with reusable packaging designed to be returned. This way, your online shopping leave no waste behind and saves up to 80% carbon emissions.
- Why do you produce part of your collection in China?
- What are the work conditions at the sites of your suppliers?
We only partner with supplier that can ensure their employees are provided proper conditions with regard to work, hygiene, and safety, as well as in prohibiting any form of child labour, forced labour, or illegal employment.
To do so we have built strong relationships with our factories and ensure they are regularly audited by third parties agencies that can monitor all requirements are met.